South Eastern Europe Safe Community Network – SEESCONET
SEESCONET has established at 1st Regional South Eastern Europe Conference on Safe Communities
“Safe Children in Safe Communities”, June 22-25, 2009 Novi Sad, Serbia
SEESCONET is organisation which represents organisations and individuals from Safe Communities who are working injury prevention and to safety promotion in South Eastern Europe.
• To improve networking and collaboration between Safe Communities in South Eastern Europe
• All people living in the South Eastern Europe are able to enjoy their lives free from the fear, cost and pain of preventable injury and violence
• Safety is a human right
• Safety is a shared responsibility
• Safety is an attainable aspiration
• Support communities in development of programs based on the International indicators for
• Raising awareness of states and volunteer organizations for Safe Community development
• Organizing regional workshops and conferences
• Monitor and document injury prevention/safety promotion activities in the South Eastern Europe
• To provide a forum for collaboration and knowledge sharing between Safe Communities within the South Eastern Europe region
• To identify ways to strengthen the uptake of best-practice.
• To identify ways to strengthen the lead roles for Safe Communities within the South Eastern Europe region
• To continue to work collaboratively with the WHO CC Community Safety Promotion, International Safe Community Network, European Safe Community Network, the WHO VIP division and any other relevant Safe Community Networks.
Core beliefs underpinning the principles, vision, mission and objectives of SEESCONET:
The SEESCONET will be a living expression of holistic, inclusive and empowering asset-based community development approaches through the promotion of:
• Safety and wellbeing
• Participation and partnerships
• Honesty, respect and integrity
• Celebration of strengths and successes
• Appropriate, timely respectful communications
• Acknowledging and welcoming differences.
• All designated Safe Communities and candidates for Safe Communities from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldavia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey and Ukraine.
• The National Center for Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion – ASCSC of WHO CC CSP, Novi Sad, Drage Spasic 13, Serbia.
• Life without Injuries and Violence in South Eastern Europe.